Public and Residential Labs
General computing labs are located in the following locations:
* Scanners are available for use in the Rolvaag 329/330 labs. Computers attached to scanners also have Adobe Photoshop Elements installed for image editing and manipulation.
Every residence hall has one or more computing rooms with both Macintoshes and PC's or computers that will boot into either Windows or MacOS. Each Honor/Language House has a PC.
E-mail stations can be found at several locations on campus. These stations are equipped with web browser software for quick access to gmail.stolaf.edu and other web-based e-mail programs. Stations are located in:
- Administration Building (outside the Registrar's Office)
- Buntrock Commons (Pause)
- Christiansen Hall of Music (main floor foyer and upper floor foyer)
- Dittmann Center (main floor foyer and upper floor foyer)
- Regents Hall of Natural Sciences (near the elevator on floors 2, 3, and 4)
- Rolvaag Library (foyer)
- Skifter Hall (foyer)
- Skoglund/Tostrud (foyer connecting the two buildings)
All St. Olaf Macintosh and PC computers in general and residential labs have the following software:
- MacOS X.X (Mac) or Windows 7 (PC) as the operating system of the computer
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access (PC-only)) for word processing, spreadsheet creation/analysis, electronic presentations, and database management
- Foreign language support is installed which allows for different language input and viewing within various applications
- Firefox and Chrome for Web browsing and e-mail access when using gmail.stolaf.edu
- EndNote for bibliography management
- CD/DVD-burning software for document backups
- VLC Media Player
- iLife (iMovie, iPhoto, GarageBand, iDVD, and iWeb) on Macs
Departmental and some public labs may have more specialized software installed depending on who is the primary user-group of the lab and its proximity to a specific department. For instance, several economics packages are installed in the lab in Holland Hall 205 and Dreamweaver and Photoshop Elements is installed in the labs in Rolvaag Library 329/330.
All Information On This Page Is Subject to Change Without Notice.