Connecting to the network file storage from a Macintosh
Follow these steps to connect your Macintosh OS X computer to the network file storage from on campus. If you are off-campus, before following the steps below, you'll first need to setup a VPN connection on your computer.
- In the Finder, click the 'Go' menu and select 'Connect to
Server. . .'
- In the text field that says 'Address,' type in the server
- For your personal folder, enter 'smb://stofiles.stolaf.edu/users/username', replacing 'username' with your St. Olaf username . For example, if your username was 'student' you would enter 'smb://stofiles.stolaf.edu/users/student'.
- For class folders, enter 'smb://stofiles.stolaf.edu/classes'
- For appications and installers, enter 'smb://stofiles.stolaf.edu/prime'
- For shared folders, enter 'smb://stofiles.stolaf.edu/shared'
- For college web pages, enter 'smb://stofiles.stolaf.edu/www'
Note: To add any of the above to the "Favorite Servers:" list, click the button with the plus sign. In the future, when connecting, you can select the server in the Favorite Servers list and click Connect.
- Click 'Connect'.
- Type in your username and password and click 'Connect'
- The server volume will appear on your desktop.