Adding a Departmental Printer Using a Mac
To print from a mac using one of the HP LaserJet departmental printers, follow these directions.
1. From the Apple Menu, select System Preferences.
2. In System Preferences, choose Print & Fax.
3. Press the + button to add a new departmental printer.
4. Select the desired printer from the list and click Add.
If you receive an error regarding a password for "lpadmin," refer to the Apple solution page at http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2754. Otherwise, continue on to the next step.
5. The new printer should show up on your printer list.
6. When printing, the program will require your St. Olaf username and password. You may click Remember My Password in Keychain to skip this step. Keep in mind that Mac OS 10.5 and lower do not update passwords in the keychain when they are changed. Click here for keychain settings help.