Installing and Using a Multi-Function Copier in Macintosh OS X
Follow these instructions to install and use a Multi-Function Copier in Macintosh OS X.
1. From the Apple Menu, select System Preferences.
2. In System Preferences, choose Print & Fax.
3. Press the + button to add a new multi-function copier.
4. Select the desired printer from the list and click Add. The copiers start with "PRINTERS-mfc-".
If you receive an error regarding a password for "lpadmin," refer to the Apple solution page at http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2754. Otherwise, continue on to the next step.
5. The copier should show up on your printer list.
6. When printing, the program will require your St. Olaf username and password. You may click Remember My Password in Keychain to skip this step. Keep in mind that Mac OS 10.5 and lower do not update passwords in the keychain when they are changed. Click here for keychain settings help.
Printing to a Multi-Function Copier
- Click on the File menu and select Print.
- Select the desired printer and click OK.
- At the copier, swipe your Ole Card in the card reader.
- Press Print.
- Select an account to charge the print job to. If you want to charge it to your Ole Dollars, select "Charge to Personal Account".
- Select the document to print and press the green arrow.
- Your document will be printed.