Using stoPrint on Linux Ubuntu 10.04
To use stoPrint, you must first configure the stoPrint software. Once configured, you can print to the stoPrint printer just like any other printer.
- Type localhost:631 into your browser to access CUPS.
- Click on Administration at the top, then add printer.
- Enter in your local computer username and password.
- Select LDP/LPR Host or Printer and then click continue.
- Enter lpd://STOLAFUSERNAME@printers.stolaf.edu:515/stoPrint but replace STOLAFUSERNAME with your St. Olaf Username and click continue.
- Fill in the printer information and click continue.
- Under Make select Lanier and then click continue.
- Under Model select Lanier MP 2550/LD425 - CUPS+Gutenprint (en) and click continue.
- On 2-sided printing select long edge and click set default options.
- Your printer should now be setup. You'll notice that your STOLAFUSERNAME may not appear under connection. If you print to the StoPrint printer and find your jobs are not showing up try (on Ubuntu flavors of linux) sudo [text editor program; try kate or gedit] /etc/cups/printers.conf and add in your username again as shown in cups11.png. Save the file, and type in sudo /etc/init.d/cups restart . StoPrint should work now.
- When printing a document, select the stoPrint printer.
- When prompted, enter your username. Patrons with a St. Olaf username should enter their username. Other patrons should enter the email address associated with their Ole Card or Carleton Card.
- The print job will stay in the queue on the print server until it is released. Print jobs that are not released within 24 hours are automatically deleted.
- At one of the stoPrint multi-function copiers, swipe your card in the card reader and press Print.
- Press "Charge to personal account". If you have been authorized to charge print and copy jobs to a department account, you may select that instead.
- Press the print job in the list that you would like to print and press the green arrow. Your job will be printed.