Installing and Using stoPrint in Windows
To use stoPrint, you must first install the stoPrint software. Once installed, you can print to the stoPrint printer just like any other printer. The stoPrint software supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 and Windows 7 64-bit.
Installing the stoPrint software
To install the software on Windows:
- Download the stoPrint software or to print in color download the stoPrint-color software.
- After the installer (stoPrint_for_Lte.exe) is finished downloading, double-click the file to begin installation.
- Click Accept after reading the end user license agreement.
- Click the Install button.
- Click Finish when the installation has completed.
Configuring stoPrint for two-sided (duplex) printing
- Open the Printers control panel.
- Right-click on "stoPrint on PRINTERS" and select "Printer Properties."
- On the Accessories tab, place a check in the "Duplex Unit" box. Click Apply.
- On the General tab, click "Printing Preferences."
- In the "Duplex:" pop-up menu, select "Open to Left."
- Click OK and then click OK again.
- When printing a document, select the stoPrint printer.
- When prompted, enter your username. Patrons with a St. Olaf username should enter their username. Other patrons should enter the email address associated with their Ole Card or Carleton Card.
- The print job will stay in the queue on the print server until it is released. Print jobs that are not released within 24 hours are automatically deleted.
- At one of the stoPrint multi-function copiers, swipe your card in the card reader and press Print.
- Press "Charge to personal account". If you have been authorized to charge print and copy jobs to a department account, you may select that instead.
- Press the print job in the list that you would like to print and press the green arrow. Your job will be printed.