Setting up a VPN Connection on Macintosh OS X
- From your Applications folder, open Internet Connect.
- Select New VPN Connection Window from the File menu.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to choose which kind of VPN protocol you would like configure. Select PPTP and click Continue.
- You will now be presented with a VPN Connection window. Leave Configuration set to Other.
- For Server address: enter vpn.stolaf.edu.
- For Account Name: enter your username.
- For Password: enter your password.
- Make sure Show VPN status in menu bar is checked.
- Click Connect.
- When you are ready to disconnect, click Disconnect.
- Select Quit from the File menu.
- When prompted, save the VPN connection as "St. Olaf VPN".
To connect to the St. Olaf VPN:
- Click on the VPN icon in the menu bar (at the top of the screen) and click Connect.
- Enter your password and click OK.
- Click on the VPN icon in the menu bar (at the top of the screen) and click Disconnect.