Configuring Windows 7 for the St. Olaf Wireless Network
Follow these instructions to connect a Windows 7 computer to the St. Olaf wireless network.
- Click the Windows (Start) button and then click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet and then click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Manage wireless networks.
- Click Add and then click Manually create a network profile.
- Enter the following information:
Network name: "St. Olaf"
Security type: "WPA2-Enterprise"
Encryption type: "AES"
- Click Next and then click Change connection settings.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Click the Settings button.
- Uncheck Validate server certificate.
- Click the Configure... button.
- Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any).
- Click OK and then click OK again.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Check Specify authentication mode: and select User authentication.
- Click OK.
Note: If you want Windows to remember your username and password, check the box next to "Remember my credentials for this connection each time I'm logged on". Note: After you change your St. Olaf password, you will be prompted to enter your username and new password when you connect to the wireless network.
- Click OK, and then click Close.
- Click on the wireless network icon in the system tray (in the lower-right corner of the screen).
- Click St. Olaf and then click Connect.
- Enter your username and password when prompted and click OK.
- You will be connected to the St. Olaf wireless network.