Configuring Windows Vista for the St. Olaf Wireless Network
Follow these instructions to connect a Windows Vista computer to the St. Olaf wireless network.
- Click on the Windows (Start) button and click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet and then click Network and Sharing center.
- Click Manage Wireless Networks.
- Click Add and then click Manually create a network profile.
- Enter the following information:
Network name: "St. Olaf"
Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption type: AES
- Click Next and then click Change connection settings.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Settings...
- Uncheck Validate server certificate.
- Click Configure...
- Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) and click OK.
- Click OK and click OK again. Click Close.
- You should see a balloon notification message indicating that "Additional information is required to connect to St. Olaf". Click on this message.
- Enter your username and password and click OK.
- You will be connected to the St. Olaf wireless network.