Charging the BatteryIf the battery is not fully charged when you turn on the camera, you may need to charge it. Check the meter on the top of the LCD screen to see how much ‘life’ the battery has left.
- Turn off the power.
- Open the battery cover located on the bottom of the camera. Insert the battery pack into the slot.
- Open the DC IN cover and connect the AC power adapter to the DC IN jack.
- Connect the power cord to the AC power adaptor and then to the wall outlet. The charge lamp (CHG) above the LCD screen will light up while charging. When the lamp goes off full charge is complete.
Utilizing CD-RsYou can use either 8cm CD-Rs or 8cm CD-RWs for this camera. New discs need to be initialized before recording images (see Initializing a Disc). In order to record your digital pictures, you need to insert your disc into the camera. The disc OPEN lever is located on the left side of the camera.
- While sliding the lock tab to the left, slide down the disc cover OPEN lever. Open the disc cover with your hand after the cover is unlocked.
- Place a disc with the printed side up. Push down the center of the disc until it clicks.
- Close the disc cover.
The initialization is required to record images on a disc. In the case that you have executed the finalization of the disc viewing images on a CD-ROM drive, the initialization is automatically executed. You can continue to record images- when executing the finalization using a computer or other equipment, execute the initialization to record new images. Images recorded before initialization will remain on the disc.
- Set the mode dial to Still Image Capture. “INITIALIZE PLACE ON LEVEL SURFACE” appears on the LCD screen. Be sure to avoid any vibration during initialization.
- Select [OK] using the control button, then press the center and initialization will begin.
- Set the mode dial to Still Image Capture, S, A, M, or SCN.
- Press and hold the shutter button halfway down. The camera will making a beeping sound, but the image has not been recorded yet. While the AE/AF lock indicator is flashing, the camera finishes the automatic adjustments. When the AE/AF lock indicator stops flashing and then lights up, the camera is ready to record. If you release the shutter button, the recording will cancelled.
- Press the shutter button fully down. The shutter will sound and “RECORDING” will appear on the LCD screen. The image will then be recorded on the Disc. When “RECORDING” disappears from the LCD screen, you can record the next image.
- Set the mode dial to PLAY. The ACCESS lamp lights and the last recorded image
(moving or still) appears on the LCD screen.
- Select the desired image with the left/right arrows of the directional pad.
- Display the MENU.
- Select [DELETE] with the right arrow on the directional pad, then press the center button.
- Select [OK] with the up arrow on the directional pad, then press the center button.
Adjusting Quality/ResolutionResolution determines how many pictures you can fit onto your Memory Stick. As you select lower resolution numbers, the image quality deteriorates; however, the number of images you can record increases. If you want to gain maximum image quality, select [1600x1200].
- Set the mode dial to Still Image Capture, SCN, S, A, M, Motion Picture Capture, or PLAY.
- Press MENU and the MENU will appear.
- Select the desired image size with the up and down arrows of the control button.
Adjusting Other SettingsYou can digitally process images to obtain special effects.
- Set the mode dial to Still Image Capture, S, A, M, SCN, or Motion Image Capture.
- Press MENU.
- From the MENU, select [PFX] (P. EFFECT) with the left/right directional pad arrows and the desired mode with the up/down arrows.
Setting Effect SOLARIZE The light contrast is clearer and the picture looks like an illustration. B&W The picture is monochrome (black and white). SEPIA The picture is sepia-toned like an antique photograph. NEG. ART The color and brightness of the picture are reversed as in a negative. OFF Does not use the picture effect function.