Connecting the Power CordUse the battery pack when using the camera outdoors.
- Open the DC IN jack cover located on the front of the camera.
- Connect the AC power adaptor into the lowest jack.
- Connect the AC power adaptor to a wall outlet.
Charging the BatteryThe camcorder operates only with the “InfoLITHIUM” battery pack (M series). Slide the battery pack in the direction of the arrow into its slot until it clicks.
- Open the DC IN jack cover and connect the AC power adaptor supplied with the camcorder to the DC IN jack with the plug’s up arrow facing the Holding Grip.
- Connect the power cord to the AC power adaptor.
- Connect the power cord to a wall outlet.
- Set the POWER switch to OFF (CHARGE). The CHARGE lamp lights up when the charge begins. After the charge is completed, the CHARGE lamp goes out (full charge).
Insert A Cassete
- Install the battery pack, or connect the AC power adaptor for the power supply.
- Slide OPEN/EJECT in the direction of the arrow and the lid. The cassette compartment automatically lifts up and opens.
- Push the middle portion of the back of the cassette to insert. Insert the cassette in a straight line deeply into the cassette compartment with the window facing out.
- Close the cassette compartment by pressing the PUSH mark on the cassette compartment. The cassette compartment automatically goes down.
- After the cassette compartment goes down completely, close the lid until it clicks.
Recording VideoYour camera automatically focuses for you.
- Remove the lens cap and pull the lens cap string to fix it.
- Press OPEN to open the LCD panel.
- Set the POWER switch to CAMERA while pressing the small green button. The camcorder is set to STANDBY mode.
- Press START/STOP. The camcorder will start recording. The REC indicator appears. The camera recording lamp located on the front of your camcorder lights up. To stop recording, press START/STOP again.
Viewing PicturesYou can monitor the playback picture on the LCD screen. If you close the LCD panel, you can monitor the playback picture in the viewfinder. You can also control playback using the Remote Commander supplied with your camcorder.
To return to FN, press EXIT.
- Press OPEN to open the LCD panel.
- Set the POWER switch to VCR while pressing the small green button.
- Press REWIND.
- Press PLAY/PAUSE to start playback.
- Adjust the volume by pressing FN to display PAGE1, then press VOL and the volume adjustment screen appears.
- Press RETURN/OK to return to PAGE1.
To stop playback, press STOP.
Adjusting Program AE SettingsYou can select PROGRAM AE (Auto exposure) mode to suit your specific requirements.
To turn the PROGRAM AE function off: Select AUTO in PROGRAM AE in the menu settings.
- In CAMERA or MEMORY mode, press FN to display PAGE1.
- Press MENU, then select PROGRAM AE in the menu settings to select a desired PROGRAM AE mode.
Setting Effect Spotlight This mode prevents people’s faces, for example, from appearing excessively while shooting subjects lit by strong light in the theater. Soft Portrait This mode brings out the subject while creating a soft background for subjects such as people or flowers. Sports Lesson This mode minimized shake on fast-moving subjects such as in tennis. Beach & Ski This mode prevents people’s face from appearing dark in strong light or reflected light such as at a beach in midsummer or on a ski slope. Sunset & Moon This mode allows you to maintain atmosphere when you are recording sunsets, general night views, fireworks displays and neon signs. Landscape This mode is for when you are recording distant subjects such as mountains and prevents your camcorder from focusing on glass or metal mesh in windows when you are recording a subject behind glass or a screen. Low Lux This mode makes subjects brighter in insufficient light.