St. Olaf College
Prescription Refill Procedure
Purpose: To provide a convenient prescription medication pick up point for students. Four local pharmacies deliver to St. Olaf College. In addition, students may choose to transfer prescriptions to other local pharmacies and thus would be responsible for their own transportation. Walgreens pharmacy is within walking distance to St. Olaf. Transportation Options
- Student will arrange for transfer of current prescription to pharmacy of choice. This usually means calling the current pharmacy at home, and giving the name and telephone number of the new pharmacy in Northfield, and requesting the transfer of prescription.
Pharmacy Name Telephone Fax Number Econofoods 507-645-4489 507-645-1006 Walgreens 507-645-9658 507-645-9774 Village Drug 507-645-4455 507-645-6912
- Student will arrange for pre-payment through the pharmacy for delivery. This usually means leaving a credit card on file with the pharmacy of choice, either arranged in person or on the telephone.
When a refill is needed:
- Student will call pharmacy for refill of medication.
- Please call with at least 7 days of medication left. This allows adequate time for processing and delivering.
- Call pharmacy, leave your name and telephone number, prescription number, name of medication, insurance information, and be sure to emphasize that you need to have the medication delivered to St. Olaf. College Health Services.
- Allow 2 days, from the telephone call requesting the refill, for medication to be filled and delivered to Health Services. Delivery day varies, depending on the pharmacy used.
- Student will present to Health Service to pick up medication. Suggested time for pick up is 8-9am and 4:00 PM daily.
- Student will verify that medication is what was ordered and sign for pick up.