2012-2013 MOTOR VEHICLE POLICY
VIOLATIONS AND REGULATIONS
1. The following parking or permit violations will result in a parking citation being issued. Violations of parking regulations are the responsibility of the person who registered the vehicle involved. The fine mount is listed with each violation.
a. Parking permits shall be affixed as provided in the instructions accompanying the permit. Expired permits shall be removed from all vehicles. ($5.00) Note: The fine for "failure to remove expired permit" will be waived if the expired permit is brought into the Parking Office within thirty days from the date the citation was issued.
b. All vehicles, including motorcycles and mopeds operated on the St. Olaf campus by students, faculty or staff, must be registered with the Parking Office and display a current parking permit. ($35.00)
c. Only those vehicles authorized by the Parking Office shall possess a parking permit. ($50.00)
d. No vehicle shall display an altered or counterfeit parking permit or misuse a permit. If this occurs, the permit will be revoked and the students involved will be referred to the appropriate judicial authority. ($50.00)
e. Vehicles must display a handicap permit to park in a stall specifically reserved for handicap permit holders. ($50.00)
f. Vehicles shall be parked only in those areas designated by the type of parking permit displayed. ($10.00)
g. No vehicle shall be parked in an area designated "No Parking" whether permanent or temporary. ($10.00)
h. No vehicle shall be parked in a designated "Fire Lane" for a period longer than 15 minutes. Vehicles must also display the emergency flashers. ($50.00)
i. No vehicle, other than the authorized vehicle, shall be parked in a stall marked "Reserved". ($10.00)
j. No student, faculty or staff vehicle shall be parked in a space specifically reserved for "Visitors Only". ($20.00)
k. Vehicles shall be parked only in those areas designated for parking. Exceptions to this regulation may be granted by the Parking Office. ($10.00)
l. No vehicle shall be parked on or over a stall line, which restricts the use of the next parking stall. ($5.00)
m. No vehicle shall be parked or driven on sidewalks or grass areas except for authorized service vehicles. ($25.00)
n. No vehicle shall be parked in spaces posted "No Overnight Parking" or in a loading zone over the posted time limit. ($15.00)
o. No vehicle shall be parked by a yellow painted curb, except for authorized service vehicles, for a period longer than 15 minutes. Vehicles must also display the emergency flashers. ($10.00)
p. No vehicle shall be parked over a crosswalk which interferes with pedestrian movement. ($10.00)
2. Any vehicle displaying a current permit which has accumulated more than five (5) citations during Semester I and Interim or more than (5) citations during Interim and Semester II, will be booted or towed. The permit will be revoked for the remainder of the year, the vehicle must be removed from campus and the fines must still be paid. Any subsequent parking violation will result in the vehicle being booted and a $75.00 fine imposed to remove the boot. Students involved will be referred to the Dean of Students Office. Faculty and staff so involved will be referred to their respective Vice President.
3. Any vehicle that does not display a current permit and has accumulated more than three (3) parking citations during the year, will be booted or towed at the owner’s expense. The owner forfeits the opportunity to receive a permit for the remainder of the academic year and must remove the vehicle from campus immediately. Students involved will be referred to the appropriate judicial authority. Faculty and staff so involved will be referred to their respective Vice President.
4. All parking fines shall be paid at the Parking Office during normal business hours within thirty (30) days. The Parking Office accepts cash, checks or Ole card debits. Credit cards are not accepted. If a student citation is not paid within thirty (30) days of issuance, the citation will be sent to the Business Office and added to the student's comprehensive fee statement. All citations over thirty (30) days old must then be paid at the Business Office. Faculty and staff who fail to pay the citation within thirty (30) days, will be referred to their respective Vice President.
5. Failure to clear outstanding parking fines shall be grounds to deny future parking permits and withhold official academic transcripts and/or diploma.
6. The registered permit holder shall be held responsible for all citations written on his/her vehicle regardless of who parked or was operating the vehicle at the time the citation was issued. A vehicle registered in the Parking Office cannot be considered a visitor.
7. If it becomes necessary to change vehicles, the Parking Office must be advised in advance of the change and a permit must be secured for the new vehicle prior to its arrival on campus. The Parking Office must also be advised if license plates change.
GENERAL POLICY (Students, Faculty and Staff)
VIOLATIONS AND REGULATIONS
NO OVERNIGHT PARKING AREAS
IMMOBILIZED (BOOTED) VEHICLES
TOWING AND IMPOUNDMENT
RIGHT TO APPEAL
CITY OF NORTHFIELD PARKING REGULATIONS