TUTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
Northfield Reads and Counts tutor
Community-Based Work Study Coordinator
To motivate and guide Northfield students’ academic success through weekly tutoring sessions.
- Commit to work scheduled hours every week as a tutor earning $9.28 per hour.
- Attend mandatory tutor orientation for new participants.
- Assist individual students or small groups with academic needs.
- Meet all program expectations, including paperwork, dress code, background check, standards of conduct and attendance policies.
- Attend one skill building/reflection workshop each semester.
- Maintain clear communication with supervisor each semester (i.e. email, office visits).
- Participate in program evaluation/end of year survey.
- Desire to motivate and assist students
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to receive and give instruction
- Must pass a Minnesota criminal background check
- Must qualify for federal work-study to work as a paid tutor