GradFest is an opportunity for you to take care of all of your senior needs at one time and place. This year's GradFest is on Thursday, April 18. You can:
- Get information about Commencement Weekend 2013 -- the weekend in May that you and your friends and family can celebrate your graduation from St. Olaf College.
- Record the pronunciation of your name so that it's read correctly at commencement.
- Pick up your cap and gown at GradFest with your $35 fee [cash,check or Ole Dollars only]. Please note that the gown fee increases to $40 for orders placed after GradFest. We are using a new gown from Jostens that is made from 100% recyclable fabric! Grads will be purchasing the gown, so there is no longer a gown collection after commencement. The purchase of each gown is connected to a give-back program coordinated by Jostens. Each gown includes a hang tag looped through the gown label. The label will contain information about the environmental benefits of the gown and will offer students the opportunity to go online to enter a unique code. With each code entered, Jostens will donate $1 to an environmental sustainability project. The specific project supported during a particular time period will be described on the provided web site. So the class of 2013 has the opportunity to donate approximately $700 to a great cause.
- Get information about ordering graduation announcements, diploma frames and class rings.
- Pick up your senior t-shirt from your senior campaign representative
- Vote for your favorite professor to give the Last Lecture.
- Play Gradfest Bingo for prizes!
Attend GradFest in the Sun and Gold Ballrooms,
Buntrock Commons, during one of the following times:
11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
4:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Please note that GradFest is an "open house" type of event - you may come and go as your schedule permits.
- Due to the high turnout of students at this event, please allow approximately an hour to complete all details
- Register to win prizes!
The following offices will be represented at GradFest:
Alumni and Parent Relations
The St. Olaf Bookstore Please click on the following link to place your cap and gown order for Commencement. Follow directions provided to insure availability of a cap and gown at GradFest. Orders must be placed before March 8th. ONLINE ORDERING HAS NOW EXPIRED. JOSTENS WILL HAVE GOWNS AVAILABLE AT GRADFEST FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT PLACED AN ORDER.
After you complete your First Destination survey (see below), you will pay for your cap and gown at GradFest and take them with you. Orders can be placed for custom graduation announcements. You may order a class ring or a custom diploma frame here. Students can play "GradFest Bingo" and have a chance to win one of several great prizes!
Piper Center for Vocation and Career
Help us help you with your transition to post-college life by completing the " Class of 2013: First Destination" survey. Piper Center staff members will be available with information about "next steps" after you walk across the stage on Commencement Day. When your survey's completed, you'll receive your cap and gown.
Questions about the big day? Need to make sure your name is pronounced correctly? The Director of Academic Events will be on hand to put your mind at ease. Also, if you have questions on tickets for physically challenged guests or anything else to do with commencement, this is the place to ask them!
The Financial Aid Office will be at GradFest with information for students who have borrowed Stafford Loans and Perkins Loans during their years at St. Olaf. When students graduate they are required to complete exit counseling for the Stafford and Perkins Loans. We will provide them with information on how to complete online exit counseling. We will also provide information on loan repayment and loan consolidation. Loan information will not be specific to a particular borrower. The information will be general information meant for anyone who has borrowed. Click here for information on your student loan.
St. Olaf Fund
Participate in the senior class campaign to help raise awareness and funds for the college's annual fund. Meet with your senior campaign rep, make a pledge, and pick up your senior t-shirt.
The office of the Registrar will provide information on requesting transcripts.
Student Activities Committee
The Student Activities Committee (SAC) will be selling final orders for Senior Week wristbands at GradFest. Wristbands will cost $50 and can be purchased with cash, check, Ole Card or credit card. Plans are underway for a great week of activities so stay tuned! Make sure to stop by and cast your vote for your favorite professor to deliver "The Last Lecture during Senior Week".
Institutional Research and Evaluation (IR&E)
IR&E coordinates the participation of all seniors in spring semester learning outcomes assessment, which helps St. Olaf document its academic excellence (and the value of the diplomas you’ll be receiving!), while at the same time suggesting priorities for continued improvement. IR&E staff will be at GradFest to provide thank-you gifts to those who have completed their assessment activity, and to register any who have not.