The mathematics program at St. Olaf is nationally recognized for innovative and effective teaching, for scholarship, and for service to the profession. We see mathematics as interesting, important, useful, and appropriate for students with a wide variety of interests. Welcome to our mathematical community.
On Tuesday, October 9 we will have our nth annual baseball talk and tailgate party. This is a fun event that brings together some of our favorite things: math, statistics, baseball, hot dogs, ice cream, students, and faculty. Here are some details:
- Baseball themed colloquium talk, 4:30-5:30pm in TOH 280
- Cookout, 5:30-6:30pm, in the courtyard between Tomson and Regents-Math (follow your nose)
- If you plan to eat hot dogs and brats and all the extras, please give us your caf number so that Bon Appetit will supply us with some extras (beans, brownies, etc.). Click here to enter your caf number.
- Information about the math, stats, and computer science programs will happen simultaneously with the food
MSCS Event Calendar
Please click here to view the MSCS event calendar.
Waiting List Form for Math Classes
If you do not see a survey below, you must first login to your St. Olaf e-mail account.
- Congratulations to two Ole grads for having their mathematics research papers published, both in the Electronic Journal of Combinatorics and even in the same issue. Cameron Marcott's paper is titled On the Relationship between Pipe Dreams and Permutation Words, and Vladimir Sotirov's paper is Involutions on Standard Young Tableaux and Divisors on Metric Graphs. Find both here.
- Alumni: View profiles of recent alumni/ae.