Faculty Research Support
Research librarians can collaborate with you to
- create a research instruction plan for your courses
- design research assignments
- think of effective ways to integrate technology into your research, teaching, and assignments
- develop ideas for digital scholarship projects
- purchase research materials to support your teaching and your department's curriculum
- use citation managers, especially EndNote and Zotero
- navigate basic questions about copyright, fair use, and Creative Commons licenses
- explore open access and alternative forms of scholarly publishing
Each department has a liaison librarian who will work with you to develop and support information literate learners. Liaisons will work with you on research instruction, assignment design, preparing new courses, and boosting library resources when needed.
Planning for Research Instruction
Rolvaag and Music provide course reserves services for their materials. Please consult the Course Reserves page for complete information.
Book Library Materials for a Class
Rolvaag Library offers a booking service which permits faculty to reserve DVDs or videos for in-class screening on a specified date.
Proxy Borrowing Account
St. Olaf College faculty, academic staff, professional staff, and visiting scholars are allowed to designate chosen individuals to act as proxy representatives when checking out materials. Please use this form to indicate which individuals are authorized to serve as your representatives. At the bottom of the form you can also indicate any changes that need to be made to your current proxy arrangements. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request an item purchase (requires a St. Olaf username and password)
Please contact your department's library liaison for more information.