Faculty Research Support
Research librarians can collaborate with you to
- Create a research instruction plan for your courses; topics include
- Mind-mapping (aka, concept-mapping)
- Building effective search strings
- Evaluating online resources
- Design research assignments
- Suggest research materials to support your teaching and your department's curriculum
- Use Zotero to organize and cite resources
- Navigate basic questions about copyright, fair use, and Creative Commons licenses
- Explore open access and alternative forms of scholarly publishing
- Develop ideas for digital scholarship projects
- Think of effective ways to integrate technology into your research, teaching, and assignments
Each department has a liaison librarian who will work with your students to develop skills in locating, evaluating, and synthesizing information. Liaisons will work with you on research instruction, assignment design, preparing new courses, and utilizing library resources.
Planning for Research Instruction
Rolvaag and Music provide course reserves services for their materials. Please consult the Course Reserves page for complete information.
Book Library Materials for a Class
Rolvaag Library offers a booking service which permits faculty to reserve DVDs or videos for in-class screening on a specified date.