The Rolvaag Library Special Collections Department offers students and scholars access to printed materials from the 15th century to the present. Our primary collections include:
- Nordic-American imprints with an emphasis on Norwegian-American imprints
- A teaching collection on the history of the book
- The O.E. Rølvaag Book Collection
- The Bodman-Lang East Asian Collection
- Artists’ books and fine press books
For more information about the Rolvaag Library Special Collections, including donations, please see our Research Guide.
Other notable collections on our campus include:
- Hong Kierkegaard Library
- Norwegian-American Historical Association (NAHA)
- Shaw Center for College History & College Archives
Accessing the Collection
Materials in our special collections are cataloged in our Library’s online catalog Catalyst.
Hours and Access
Access to Special Collections is dependent on staff availability, Monday - Friday 9am to 4pm. Researchers need to make an appointment at least 24 hours in advance by completing this form online. To prepare for your appointment, see our guidelines for visitors.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.