Use this service to submit video recordings for production purposes.
For technical assistance, please email Broadcast Media.
Helpful Hints for Recording
- Place the camera level with your eyes, and oriented in landscape ("widescreen") mode.
- Ensure your head and shoulders are visible and well lit; leave minimal space above your head in the image.
- Look into the camera when recording (this may mean taping your script to a wall behind your camera, or enlisting a friend to quietly hold it).
- If recording in a room with windows, arrange your chair and camera so the windows are behind the camera, and not behind you.
- Record with your computer or device's Camera app, or another video-recording app or program.
- After starting the recording, find your position and wait 3 seconds before beginning.
- When you finish speaking or performing, wait 3 seconds, while holding your position, before stopping record.
How To Upload
- Click the link below to access the submission form.
- You will need a valid St. Olaf account (faculty, staff, or student) in order to submit.
- Follow the prompts to choose the project you're submitting to and answer any related questions.
- At the final step, choose the video recording you wish to submit, and upload it.
- Your mobile device may allow you to record directly from the upload form, by tapping 'Select files from your device' and then choosing 'Camera (Video)' or 'Take Video':
- Android users: this method is acceptable and results in HD quality. You may also choose to record in the Camera app and upload the resulting file.
- iOS users: Apple significantly restricts recording quality via this method; please record via the 'Camera' app (or a third-party video app) in HD quality, and upload the file after recording.
- We will be notified of your submission, and contact you if there is trouble with the file.