Mathematical Expectations of Employees
by Janet Rose Christensen, Immunex Corp., Seattle, Washington.
Key abilities expected of mathematics graduates:
Most important of all is the ability to integrate all these capabilities into a
coherent approach to solving real problems.
- To work with others in understanding mathematical concepts.
- To express and communicate mathematical relationships.
- To review and extrapolate from data.
- To assess the significance or "message" in data.
- To analyze and think critically about data.
- To express observations.
- To present data and conclusions accurately and clearly.
- To apply mathematical and statistical concepts to data.
- To assimilate data from multiple sources and form conclusions.
Janet Christensen is Director of Quality Assurace at Immunex, a
biotechnololgy firm located in Seattle, Washington.
To add your voice to this discussion, e-mail comments, letters, and op-ed
articles to: firstname.lastname@example.org or click here
if your Web browser is set up for e-mail.
| Home Page |
Previous Page |
Topic Page |
Next Page |
Next Topic |
Last Update: 02/21/96