Fall 2015 - The Humke Version
- Text: Linear Algebra with Applications, 2nd by Jeffrey Holt
- TGWSUF: Paul Humke Office: RMS 409 ext. 3410
- We'll meet:
- Section A 8:00-8:54.5, MWF in TOH 184.
- Section A 9:05-10:00.5, MWF in TOH 184.
- Hotline: 507-301-8475 (Home -- 645-6440)
- Office Hours: TF 11:00-12:00, MW 2:00-3:00 Th 1:00-2:00 and most late afternoons (tentative)
- Sections to cover
- Course Goals
- Basic Grading Scale for all exams, quizzes and projects. This can vary some depending on the item, but is the guideline I use.
- Mathematica Worksheets
We'll have a number of Mathematica assignments as we go along. Mathematica is a computer algebra computer program which helps with the computations and also with visualization. We'll use this to make a movie or two during the term; Oscar stuff it is not, but it can be pretty fun. Some things to do:
- Load Mathematica onto your laptop. Go HERE first and scroll down to "Mathematica Student Installation" and follow the directions. This works pretty smoothly. but if you're having trouble see the folks at IT or me.
- Check out this Mathematica TED Talk.
Weekly assignments will be posted on the Moodle Server and are due the Monday after being assigned.
Working together to solve the problems is absolutely fine, but you must write
up your own solutions.
- Midterms and Quizes
-Hundreds of Points-
There will be 2 absolutely superb midterm exams!
each worth 100pts and several announced quizes worth between 25 and 50 points each.
- Final -200 pts.-
This mighty excellent final, celebrated on:
will be comprehensive.
- Section A Tuesday, December 22, 9:00-11:00 p.m
- Section B Thursday, December 17, 9:00-11:00 a.m