I bring humor, warmth, sincerity, and a calm presence to therapy. I strive to create a theraputic environment that is safe and free of judgement so that you are better able to work through difficult and vulnerable life challenges. I believe that the therapist and client are two equals in a room with one common goal: to help improve your life in whatever way that might be.
I have a passion for working with the LGBTQIA+ population as well as those from various cultural or marginalized backgrounds. As a biracial and queer therapist, I am able to provide a unique and empathetic perspective for those working through specific challenges that folks from those populations might face. I also work with students who are experiencing depression, anxiety, difficulty with life transitions, women's issues, and relational problems. My approach to therapy is holistic, and I utilize mindfulness strategies, self compassion practice, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and strengths-based and person-centered perspectives.
In my spare time, I like going for walks with my dogs, cooking up new recipes, and re-watching The Office for the 18th time!
- B.A. St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN (2011)
- MSW, St. Catherine University/University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN (2017)
- Therapist- Minnetonka Counseling
- Therapist- Minnesota Center for Psychology
- Clinical Intern- Minnesota Center for Psychology
- Intern- Minnesota AIDS Project (now Rainbow Health)