I want students to know any mental health concern or challenge is appropriate to bring to the Counseling Center. Our staff's mission is to support our students' mental health as students pursue their academic goals.
I moved to Northfield and joined the Counseling Center in 1990 after growing up and working in the Twin Cities area. I am a St. Olaf graduate (psychology) and completed my Masters (counseling psychology) at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN. I am licensed as a psychologist and as a marriage and family therapist.
When I am away from work, I enjoy spending time with family, being by the water, and going for walks, runs, and hikes especially in nature. I'm an avid reader, including audio books, and love a good mystery.
- B.A. in psychology, St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN
- M.A. in counseling psychology, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN
- Licensed Psychologist - 1988
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - 1989
- Custody Evaluator, Anoka County Domestic Relations Unit
- Group Therapist, St. Mary's Hospital, Minneapolis, MN
- Case Manager/Psychologist, Golden Valley Health Center, Golden Valley, MN
- Licensed Psychologist, LifeStyle Clinics of MN